All-Time Favorite BBQ Striper Kabob / Skewer Recipe
** Fish Prep **
- Cut into 1.5” cubes
- Place in bowl
** Marinade **
- In the bowl (with the fish in it) add 4 parts olive oil to 1 part lemon juice (do not add more than half a lemon worth of juice).
- Add 2 tablespoons of soya sauce
- Add 1 tsp fennel seed, 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp onion powder, dried or fresh parsley to taste
- Optional: add 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Mix everything together and let the marinated fish sit in the fridge for a minimum of 30 mins and maximum 2hrs.
** Cooking **
- Place marinated chunks of fish on skewers
- Place skewers on the grill on medium-high heat (around 500-550 degrees), and if you can get the skewers off the grill surface, or higher up away from the flame, that is the best method – BBQ lid closed as well.
- Cook until done - time depends on the thickness of fish and heat of the grill, but as a general rule, around 5 - 6 minutes.